A 1946 Vintage RV that is an "Upscale" off-the-grid primitive campsite. No tent needed! PET FRIENDLY! Tin Valley Retro Rentals was featured on Nat Geo’s documentary show “Badlands, Texas, and has caught the attention of travelers all over the world. 90 private acres nestled in the foothills of surrounding mountains. Perfect for stargazing! Located near Big Bend National & State Park and the Rio Grande. Families, solo travelers, couples, photographers, weddings, are all welcomed!
Referred to as "upscale" primitive camping because you have a structure to sleep in rather than a tent.
The following is provided:
1. Two single cots. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEDDING/LINENS.
2. Small fan.
3. Small propane heater. (during winter months) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPANE.
Recommendation at least 2 per night.
(small 1 lb. green canister = 5-6 hours of heat.)
4. Wifi available on property.
5. Solar energy for temporary light source and/or charging of your phone, computer, etc... If it is rainy or cloudy it will not work. PLEASE NOTE: There is not enough energy to use any electrical appliances.
6. Small BBQ grill & fire pit. (bring plenty of wood with you!)
7. Port-o-Potty in walking distance.
8. Outdoor shower & sink in walking distance.
9. Shower/bath house, laundry facility, swimming pool - 4 miles away.
10. Full service restaurant - 4 miles away.
*No running water at campsites. Make sure you bring plenty of water with you.
(If you don't see the accommodation you want after you hit book now button, change the dates or look for the availability box to the top right of the screen and look for available dates)
The Dragon Fly rents for $45 per night / with a $20 cleaning fee per stay. There is a $10.00 fee for pets. Extra person is $5.00 per night
This accommodation has two twin size beds.
Check in 3pm / Check out 11am
You can now book directly thru our website! Save money by booking directly! ALSO Check us out on Facebook and Instagram!