1952 bus called “Señorita Mojave.” Considered “upscale” primitive camping because no tent required. PET FRIENDLY! Tin Valley Retro Rentals was featured on Nat Geo’s documentary show “Badlands, Texas, and has caught the attention of travelers all over the world. 90 private acres nestled in the foothills of surrounding mountains. Perfect for stargazing! Located near Big Bend National & State Park & the Rio Grande. Families, solo travelers, couples, photographers, weddings, are all welcomed!
"Senorita Mojave" is a “home-grown” girl of Terlingua. Special because she has been down on the Rio Grande for over 20 years. With her hip charming interior & her soon to be “hip” mural exterior, you can't help but feel ready for your new adventure. She is considered “upscale primitive” because she has enough solar energy to power a telephone and/or fan and even has a propane heater for the cold months. As long as your fur baby isn’t aggressive & doesn’t eat kitties, WE LOVE having pets! Both the Big Bend National Park & the State Park provide the largest protected area of Chihuahuan desert topography & ecology also giving a stunning sunrise, sunset & magnitude of stars with Milky Way directly above. Also, feel free to check out our other 11 campsites, from “glamping” Airstreams, to a Land Yacht, & even a VW bug.
The following is provided at your campsite:
1. King & Full Futon - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEDDING/LINENS.
2. Small fan.
3. Propane heater. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 20 lb. PROPANE CANISTER.
4. Wifi available on property.
5. Solar energy for temporary light source and/or charging of your phone, computer, etc... If it is rainy or cloudy it will not work so bring your own flash lights/light source. PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT use heating electric appliances. Solar panel does not have enough energy.
6. Small BBQ grill, fire pit, & picnic table at campsite. (bring plenty of wood with you!)
7. Port-o-Potty within walking distance.
8. Outdoor shower (no hot water) & sink within walking distance. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN TOILETRIES.
9. Shower/bath house, laundry facility, swimming pool - 4 miles away
This campsite is self check-in/self check-out. No key required. In order to keep rates down your help is needed. PLEASE leave your campsite as clean or cleaner than when you arrived. A broom and rake are provided. There is a trash can at your site and a large trash bin on property. Please assist in keeping everyone's vacation experience the best it can be by cleaning up. Thank you!
*No running water at this campsite.
(If you don't see the accommodation you want after you hit book now button, change the dates or look for the availability box to the top right of the screen and look for available dates)
The Senorita Mojave rents for $55 per night / with a $25 cleaning fee per stay. There is a $10.00 fee
for pets. Base Rate is for 2 people.
Extra person is $5.00 per night
This accommodation has a king
size bed and a double futon
Minimum Stay 2 Nights
Check in 3pm / Check out 11am
Tin Valley is so excited about all of our new features, from our outdoor kitchen, to site embelishments, and personal porta potties for all of our vintage accomodations. We hope you will love all the new changes and improvements. We strive to wow our guests with new and innovative upgrades, adds, and property charm.
When you book directly thru our website you will receive
$10.00 off per night per campsite.
Also follow us on social media for the latest news
about Tin Valley and other offers for 2022
Have more questions?