1972 School Bus named “Franny.” Considered “upscale” primitive camping because no tent required. PET FRIENDLY! Tin Valley Retro Rentals was featured on Nat Geo’s documentary show “Badlands, Texas, and has caught the attention of travelers all over the world. 90 private acres nestled in the foothills of surrounding mountains. Perfect for stargazing! Located near Big Bend National & State Park and the Rio Grande. Families, solo travelers, couples, photographers, weddings, are all welcomed!
"Franny" is a “home-grown” girl of Terlingua. Special because she has housed many river guides of the Rio Grande for over 20 years. With her hip charming interior & her “one-of-a-kind” painted exterior, you can't help but feel ready for your new adventure. She is considered “upscale primitive” because she has enough solar energy to power a telephone and/or fan, and also has a propane heater for the cold months. As long as your fur baby isn’t aggressive & doesn’t eat kitties, WE LOVE having pets! Both the Big Bend National Park & the State Park provide the largest protected area of Chihuahuan desert topography & ecology also giving a stunning sunrise, sunset & magnitude of stars with Milky Way directly above. Also, feel free to check out our other 11 campsites, from “glamping” Airstreams, to a Land Yacht, & even a VW bug.
The following is provided at your campsite:
1. Full & single cot. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEDDING/LINENS.
2. Small fan.
3. Propane heater. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 20 lb. PROPANE CANISTER.
4. Wifi available on property.
5. Solar energy for temporary light source and/or charging of your phone, computer, etc... If it is rainy or cloudy it will not work so bring your own flash lights/light source. PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT use heating electric appliances. Solar panel does not have enough energy.
6. Small BBQ grill, fire pit, & picnic table at campsite. (bring plenty of wood with you!)
7. Port-o-Potty within walking distance.
8. Outdoor shower (no hot water) & sink within walking distance. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN TOILETRIES.
9. Shower/bath house, laundry facility, swimming pool - 4 miles away
This campsite is self check-in/self check-out. No key required. In order to keep rates down your help is needed. PLEASE leave your campsite as clean or cleaner than when you arrived. A broom and rake are provided. There is a trash can at your site and a large trash bin on property. Please assist in keeping everyone's vacation experience the best it can be by cleaning up. Thank you!
*No running water at this campsite.
Due to recent events, we are kindly asking guests to keep Tin Valley a political free zone. Any political, offensive, hateful or vulgar writing/painting left behind will be considered vandalism and will be reported to local authorities as well subject to a fee for damages. Thank you for helping us keep Tin Valley a place of peace and positivity.
(If you don't see the accommodation you want after you hit book now button, change the dates or look for the availability box to the top right of the screen and look for available dates)
The Franny rents for $55 per night / with a $25 cleaning fee per stay. There is a $10.00 fee for pets. Rate is for two people.
Extra person is $5.00 per night
This accommodation has a full and a twin size bed
Minimum Stay 2 Nights
Check in 3pm / Check out 11am
You can now book directly thru our website! Save money by booking directly! ALSO Check us out on Facebook and Instagram!